Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Wkly Site/Page Promo - Wk 28

I'm sure those of us who are interested in the world of Art - whether it be paintings, sculptures, curios, Jewellery etc etc ...have at some stage or another come across a piece that has captivated us so much - we have sat there for hours on end just mesmerised by it.

I've had many of those experiences over the years - but about a year or so ago I had the same sensation whilst viewing the works of  Jeff de Boer......

Who would have thought that a scaled-to-size suit of Armour could captivate me so much....but I wasn't just captivated....I was totally gobsmacked!! and couldn't tear myself away from looking - the pieces are amazing!
And the more I continued my journey through Jeff's gallery - the more my jaw would drop further and further...resulting in the need of a soft cushion so I wouldn't smack it on the table  - plus countless amounts of paper-towelling were required to "mop up" the drool that came with it.

And when you clap eyes on Jeff's work - I am sure you too will have the same sensations....so make sure your prepared before hand with your soft "cushy" for your jaw - countless amount of paper-towelling for the drool...and possibly a mop and bucket for any excess!!

....Just as a "tempter" ....here is the first picture I clapped eyes on of Jeff's work......


When you see a scaled-to-size piece of "Mouse" Armour!....you find yourself saying "WT!!???....How'd he do that!!??"...and continue to look and be drawn in...then...Welcome to the club!....you too have been bitten by the bug that is Jeff de Boer        Jeff can also be found on Facebook at JeffdeBoerSculpture

.....Enjoy!!!..

..Till next time...cheers Suzi

No comments:

Post a Comment