Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oval Jump Rings - Chevron Chain


Some years ago I was "experimenting" with some wire whilst making Jump rings, and wanted to see how easy it would be to make Oval Jump rings....soooo I did and it worked!!  :)

Since then I've made quite a few chains and bracelets..and have "tweaked" and worked out several ways these can be made that will sustain a bit of "rough" treatment and so far all is well.

But i wanted to take this even further, so early this year I was "messing" round with some chain maille and thought  "Hmmm....wonder if I did this and then that and added them if it would work"....here is the result of that "experiment".     The first photo shows the finished result....which is two lots of Chevron chain joined together with other links and then embellished with Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli and Turquoise beads.  Don't think it turned out too bad if I say so myself!!..lol
 
Persian Delight 
Chevron Chain - made with Oval Jump rings
The photo above shows what the chain on it's own is like..and - will add that ALL! links are hand coiled and cut etc....and in this bracelet alone there are approximately 136 links.  :)



All in all it was fun making it....ciao!

Till next time....Suzi  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment