Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

*AVALON*

I finished this piece last week and was stuck on what to call it.   So I put it on the SRAJD group on facebook saying that I was stuck for a name, and a few people kept saying how regal it was...

After some thought and a sudden flash of King Arthur's time....I thought of *Lady Guinevere*....so proceeded to give the piece the name..BUT!!

....there's always a *but* huh..    Hmmm - another name I thought of was also from the legends of King Arthur - and that was the place everything happened....*Avalon*

...which also reminds me of Brian Ferry's 80's (or was that 70's??) classic of the same name...."Avalon"...

Needless to say - I was still stuck!....so I created a survey on my facebook fan page (and botched that up to!...*sigh*)  ...and waited to see how the numbers went....BUT!....see!!..there's a *but!* again!!

It was a draw!!!  *smacks head on desk!*....soooooo! - back to trying to decide.

Ok...next thing....both names went into a box.....along with several other pieces of paper...just to make it interesting!.lol...  :)

....And the Winner is!!!!...........drum roll!!....

   *AVALON*.....!!! 


Anyway - hope you like it....and remember.....

Creating is Limitless.....until next time..



2 comments:

  1. Suzi, This is absolutely gorgeous! The design, the colors and your skills all work together for one great piece. Avalon is the perfect name.

    So sorry about Gizmo, losing a furry friend is so very painful. Be gentle with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Christine...thank you.

      These piece had it's issues to start with - but thankfully after taking a step back and re-looking at it - I changed a couple of things that it needed to "fit together".

      *Sigh* - yes I will be kind to my self...loosing my beloved mog has really sat me on my butt...such an empty feeling...he truly was an amazing kitty-cat - and I have had quite a few over the years...but none like Gizmo...he was very special and it will take a long time for the pain to heal.. thank you :) xx

      Delete